Minutes for the November Board Meeting
First off I would like to welcome the new Vice President of the league, Colby Walker. Colby has been voted in as the Vice President taking the place of Renee Cooper. I would like to personally thank Colby for stepping into this position and hope you will as well next time you see him. The league is still looking for a president. If anyone is interested please contact the league! The president is the only position left to fill and the league needs a President going into the next season.
The second big item on the agenda for the meeting was a review of the by-laws. We went over the by-laws as they were completely re-written this year. Some changes were made and posted to the website. Please take a look at them. If you want to know how the league is going to do drafting of players or what the officers’ responsibilities are it will be in the by-laws. Finally approval of the by-laws is set for the meeting in January 2013.
At the end of the meeting the board did a quick vote on purchasing a year membership to playsportstv.com for next year’s coaches. This is a great site with a number of informative short videos on drills, technique, and training for youth sports and in particular youth softball. These videos will help our coaches to teach the girls the game of softball. The board would like to see all coaches view these videos for practice drills and for a consistent coaching from U6 - U16. We hope the videos will give our coaches more confidence, give them more tools and make our girls better players.
On the agenda for the next meeting:
- Voting in new President.
- Review financials from last year going into the 2013 season (Treasurer)
- Approving a photographer for the 2013 season.
- Fundraising ideas for the 2013 season
- Set amounts for sponsership and registration for 2013.
- Discuss applications/ screening for coaches
- Finalize dates for 2013 season
- Vote to approve Summer Sizzler 3, 10U tournament.
- Final vote to accept the new By-laws.
- Discuss setting term limits for board members.
10U Director/ Media/Web Director